Alabama Metal Buildings
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Alabama
Before you buy a prefab metal building in Alabama, take time to learn about Alabama Building Codes and ordinances near you. Failure to comply with local laws may result in fines, fees, and, in some cases, legal action. Currently, metal buildings in Alabama must adhere to the 2015 International Building Code.
Buildings are also subject to IECC energy code restrictions. IECC regulations divide the state into 2 distinct zones:
- Zone 2A: includes Baldwin and Mobile counties
- Zone 3A: includes Calhoun, Jefferson, Lee, Madison, Montgomery, Morgan, Shelby, and Tuscaloosa counties
For detailed information about laws in your county, visit the online COMcheck tool and fill out the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Alabama
Between sunny gulfs, rolling hills, and a lush coastal plain, it’s no wonder the Heart of Dixie is famous for its southern charm. Beautiful as it may be, Alabama’s landscape can make construction projects tricky. Buildings have to outlast high humidity, swampy land, and sweltering heat. Luckily, our superior metal buildings are up to the task. Our durable, high-quality metal buildings are perfect for a wide variety of environments. Prefab metal buildings are:
- Water, humidity, and fire resistant
- Lightweight and durable
- Naturally insulated
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Uses of Metal Buildings in Alabama
Metal buildings are more common than you might think. They can be found all across Alabama, including cities like Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Dothan, Decatur, Auburn, and more. Pre-engineered metal buildings in Alabama are great for uses like:
- Commercial: Pre-erected metal buildings are often used for storefronts, outlets, and offices.
- Industrial: Alabama’s booming automotive and aerospace industries need strong, long-lasting spaces to stay running smoothly. Metal building kits are ideal for warehouses, plants, garages, hangars, and factories.
- Religious: Thanks to their easy customization, pre-engineered metal buildings are perfect for your communities unique needs. Metal building kits are a good choice for churches, chapels, and meeting halls.
- Residential: Our superior prefab metal buildings will help you stay cool all summer long. Metal erected buildings can be used for houses, sheds, cabins, trailers, storage units, and mini storage.
Heavily-discounted Used Metal Buildings in Alabama
If you’re looking to buy a metal building, you don’t have to shell out on a brand-new model. Factory-second used metal buildings provide all the benefit of new models for a fraction of the price. We work with used metal building suppliers across the country who will do everything in their power to cut your costs. Inventory varies by manufacturer. For more information or to be connected to a supplier near you, contact us with any questions.