Alaska Metal Buildings
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Alaska
Metal buildings must meet state-specific regulations upon installation. Failure to comply with local ordinances may result in fees, fines, and even legal action. Protect yourself by researching laws in your county before buying a pre-engineered metal building. Currently, Alaska has not adopted a state-wide policy. Many counties, however, adhere to Alaska Minimum Construction Standards and 2012 IECC regulations. This code divides the stare into two distinct zones:
- Zone 7: includes Anchorage, Juneau, Kenaif Peninsula, Ketchikan Gateway, Kodiak Island, Matanuska-Susitna, North Slope, and Valdez-Cordova Counties
- Zone 8: includes Bethel, Fairbanks, Nome, North Star, and Northwest Arctic counties.
For detailed information about requirements in your county, visit the online COMcheck Tool and add the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Alaska
Between snow-capped mountains, lush forests, glistening waters, and the swirling Northern Lights, it’s no wonder the Last Frontier has long captured the American imagination. Unfortunately, the Alaskan landscape is just as grueling as it is beautiful. Buildings must withstand heavy snowfall, subarctic temperatures, and hurricane-force winds. Luckily, metal buildings can overcome all of Alaska’s unique challenges. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Water, wind, and snow-proof
- Naturally insulated
- Durable and long-lasting
- Versatile and customizable
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Alaska
Thanks to their high insulation potential and load-bearing capacity, metal buildings are perfect for Alaska’s unforgiving climate. Pre-engineered metal buildings are used throughout the state and are commonly found in cities like Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks, Sitka, Ketchikan, Wasilla, Kenai, Kodiak, Bethel, and Palmer. Here are a few common uses for metal buildings:
- Commercial: Prefab metal buildings can be used as storefronts, shopping centers, outlets, and office buildings.
- Fishing and Hunting: Pre-engineered metal buildings are a great option for the outdoorsman. Metal building kits are ideal for trailers, cabins, and weapon sheds.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: Heavy-duty mining and manufacturing equipment needs heavy-duty protection. High-strength prefab metal building are perfect for warehouses, factory plants, testing and processing centers, temporary offices, and more.
- Recreation: Ultra-customizable metal building kits can be used to build gymnasiums, indoor climbing centers, entertainment venues, indoor hockey rinks, community centers.
Used Metal Buildings in Alaska
If you’re looking to buy a metal building, you don’t have to break the bank with a brand-new model. Used metal buildings provide all the benefits of a new model for a fraction of the price. We work with suppliers across the country who will fight to give you the lowest possible price on a factory-second metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by manufacturer. To be connected with a supplier near you, contact us with comments and questions.