Arizona Metal Buildings
Arizona Laws to Consider Before Erection
Before purchasing a metal building in Arizona, it’s important to familiarize yourself with laws and ordinances. Arizona does not adhere to a state-wide building code. Instead, regulations are put in place and enforced by local governments. Be sure to research your county’s laws before construction begins.
Using COMcheck is permitted in certain jurisdictions. If your jurisdiction allows COMcheck, you will need to know which IECC regulations your county is subject to. Current IECC codes divide Arizona into 4 distinct zones:
- Zone 2B: includes La Paz, Maricopa, and Yuma counties
- Zone 3B: includes Cochise, Graham, Pima, and Santa Cruz counties
- Zone 4B: includes Gila and Yavapai counties
- Zone 5B: includes Apache, Coconino, and Navajo counties
Arizona Metal Building Benefits
Arizona’s scorching desert is just as unforgiving as it is beautiful. Buildings need to withstand extreme heat, powerful wind, and freak rainstorms. Pre-engineered metal buildings are built for toughness, providing great durability for a fraction of the cost of traditional building materials. They’re strong, sturdy, and well insulated, keeping hot air out and cool air in.
Uses for Metal Buildings in Arizona
Metal buildings are highly versatile and can be used in many ways. Metal buildings can be found across the state, including Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Sedona, Chandler, Gilbert, and more. Uses for metal buildings include:
- Agriculture: Hot summer days can be deadly. Metal barns and barndominiums provide livestock a much-needed escape from the blistering desert heat. Metal barns reflect heat, ensuring animals have a cool place to rest.
- Aviation: Thanks to their low costs, easy installation, and customization potential, prefab metal building kits are a staple in the aviation industry. Premium metal building kit designs are used to build both small single-plane hangars and large multi-plane hangars.
- Manufacturing: Heavy-duty machinery needs heavy-duty protection. Metal buildings like warehouses keep expensive machines safe from dust, moisture, and general exposure.
- Storage: Have too much stuff? Metal buildings offer an easy way to get your extra junk off of your hands. Metal erected buildings are often used as sheds and mini-storage facilities.
Factory-second Metal Buildings in Arizona
Used metal buildings are an excellent alternative for the budget-conscious consumer. Our independent dealers stock a variety of superior, heavily discounted used metal buildings for you to choose from. We have independent distributors across the country– no matter where you are or what you’re looking for, we’ll work hard to meet your needs. Contact us for more information.