Colorado Metal Buildings
Things to Know about Colorado State Codes
As with any other building, state laws and local ordinances dictate where you can build metal buildings, what you can build, and how it can be used. Currently, all metal building designs must adhere to ANSI/ASCE 7-95 load bearing regulations. Metal buildings must also comply with IECC Zone Restrictions. The majority of Colorado falls within climate zone 6B, though select parts of the state are in zones 4B, 5B, and 7B.
If you are unsure about building codes in your area, reach out to us with questions and concerns.
Colorado Metal Building Benefits
From bustling metros like Denver to small, quiet ski towns like Telluride, Colorado has something to offer everyone. The state’s landscape is highly unique, home to dense forests, steep mountains, and vast plains alike. Erecting new buildings can be tricky, as each environment poses its own set of obstacles. Metal buildings, however, are ideal for any climate. Prefab metal buildings offer a few key features:
- Energy efficiency
- Strength and weather-resistance
- Versatility and customization
- Easy maintenance
- Energy saving insulation variety
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Colorado
Metal building kits are highly versatile and can be used to suit a variety of needs. Our suppliers and independent contractors have supplied metal buildings all over the state, including Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver, Boulder, Arvada, Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and Greeley. Metal erected buildings in Colorado are typically used for:
- Storage: If you’re running out of room, prefab metal structures can provide a quick, cost-effective solution. Metal building kits can be used to create silos, sheds, warehouses, airplane hangars, and more.
- Agriculture: Superior metal buildings like barndominiums keep livestock safe from snow and ice in the winter and excessive heat in the summer.
- Snow Protection: Colorado is known for snow, and for good reason– the average annual snowfall is more than 40 inches, though some areas of the state average as much as 200+ inches. Buildings need to outlast the weight and moisture of heavy snow, and pre-engineered metal building kits are some of the toughest you can find.
- Recreation: Recreation is a big business in the centennial state. Colorado is the fittest state in the county, home to countless ice rinks, gymnasiums, indoor sports fields, and the like. Business owners often rely on metal building kits to create their facilities.
Second-Hand Metal Buildings in Colorado
If you’re in the market for metal buildings or a prefabricated metal building kit, a used building may be the right choice for you. Our independent distributors offer a variety of heavily discounted metal buildings for you to choose from. Colorado’s factory seconds include everything from pre-engineered building kits to fully-erected buildings. For information about local inventory and prices, contact us to learn more. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have.