Connecticut Metal Buildings
What to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Connecticut
Metal buildings must meet certain specifications upon installation. Failure to comply with state-specific laws may result in fees, fines, and even legal action. Protect yourself by researching ordinances in your county before you buy. Currently, the state of Connecticut adheres to the 2018 State Building Code and 2015 IECC regulations (with amendments). All counties, including Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland, and Wyndham, are classified in zone 5A. For detailed information about IECC regulations in your county, visit the online COMcheck tool and fill out the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Connecticut
The Constitution State is Famous for rocky shorelines, charming towns, and historic flair. Connecticut is known for its weather, too— sticky, humid summers and frigid winters are a mainstay. Between harsh weather and diverse terrain, Connecticut poses a challenge for construction. Luckily, prefab metal buildings are equipped to meet all of the state’s unique needs. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Water, snow, and fire-resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Connecticut
Thanks to their versatility, prefab metal buildings are an increasingly popular choice for a variety of applications and industries. Pre-engineered metal buildings are used throughout the state and can be found in cities like Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, Danbury, New Britain, West Hartford, and Greenwich. Metal buildings in Connecticut are commonly used for:
- Aerospace and Aviation: Metal erected buildings are ideal for large-scale, advanced manufacturing needs like airplane hangars, warehouses, and factory plants.
- Commercial: Customizable metal building kits can be used to build a variety of commercial structures, including clinics, insurance offices, law firms, storefronts, shopping centers, and outlets.
- Recreation: Prefab metal buildings make excellent gymnasiums, indoor sports arenas, batting cages, aquatic centers, and more.
- Technology: Prefab metal building kits are an excellent way to keep up with Connecticut’s growing technology industry. Pre-engineered metal buildings are often used for research facilities, testing and processing plants, labs, and product storage.
Used Metal Buildings in Connecticut
If you’re looking to buy a prefab metal building, you don’t have to break the bank for a brand-new model. Used metal buildings are an excellent alternative that provide all the benefits for a fraction of the cost. We work with suppliers across the country who will fight to give you the best price on a factory-second metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by supplier. Contact us for more information about availability or to be connected to a supplier near you.