New Mexico Metal Buildings
Key Regulation & Code Considerations
Are metal buildings right for you? Before you make a decision, there are a few New Mexico-specific regulations that you’ll need to consider. Prefabricated metal buildings must adhere to energy codes before construction can begin. Though some codes vary by location, duct insulation, sealing, and infiltration control are universal.
Currently, New Mexico buildings are subject to 2009 IECC regulations. IECC codes are zone-specific.
- Zone 3B: Includes Eddy, Dona Ana, and Otero counties
- Zone 4B: Includes Bernalillo, Valencia, and Cibola counties
- Zone 5B: Includes Santa Fe, Los Alamos, and Taos counties
For more detailed information about regulations in your city, call our team for in-depth codes.
Why Metal Buildings in New Mexico?
New Mexico’s landscape and climate are unique and vary dramatically from one area of the state to another. The northernmost part of the state is mountainous, wooded, and temperate, while the southernmost part of the state is covered in hot, flat desert. This variation poses a challenge for building and construction projects. Unlike more traditional building types, metal erected buildings are ideal for a variety of locations. Pre-engineered kits provide a simple, cost-effective solution. Our superior metal buildings are durable, long-lasting, and weather-resistant.
Pre-engineered metal buildings are:
- Inexpensive to build and maintain
- Durable and non-combustible
- Easily expandable
- Quick to install
Our independent distributors provide top-tier metal buildings across the state of New Mexico. Our services cover Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Taos, Belen, Grants, and more.
New Mexico’s Popular Metal Building Types
Metal buildings are highly adaptable and well-suited for use in the state’s top industries.
- Agriculture: Prefab metal buildings like barndominiums are an ideal way to keep livestock safe from harsh conditions.
- Commercial & Retail: Thanks to their potential for customization, metal buildings are often used for various commercial and retail spaces. Buildings such as warehouses and storage facilities can be erected in days and will last for decades.
- Industrial: When working with large quantities of volatile chemicals, safety is a top priority. Pre-engineered metal buildings are corrosion and fire-resistant, making them a top choice for hazmat storage.
- Residential: Energy-efficient metal homes are an increasingly popular alternative to traditional housing structures. Metal building designs eliminate heat absorption and keep buildings cool, even in the sweltering New Mexico sun. Metal building materials are great in the winter, too– their amazing insulation capacity keeps heat in and cold out.
Used Buildings in New Mexico
On a budget? When purchasing a used building, you’ll get all the benefits of a new metal building for a fraction of the price. New Mexico has an inventory of heavily discounted metal buildings that can suit a variety of needs. We typically have a variety of styles to supplement the traditional architecture of New Mexico. A used metal building can make a great addition to an adobe structure or a flat roof Mexican American style building. Contact us to learn more about what we offer, which type of building is right for you, and the cost of purchasing metal buildings.