North Dakota Metal Buildings
What You Should Know Before Buying a Metal Building in North Dakota
As with any other building material, pre-engineered metal building kits must meet a number of requirements before installation. Failure to comply may result in fees, fines, and, in severe cases, legal action. Don’t let this happen to you! Before buying a prefab metal building in North Dakota, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. Currently, metal buildings in North Dakota are not subject to state-wide regulation. Though legislation is location-specific, most counties adhere to the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC). North Dakota is divided into two zones:
- Zone 6A: includes Burleigh, Grant, McKenzie, Morton, Richland, and Stark counties
- Zone 7A: includes Cass, Grand Forks, Rolette, Stutsman, Ward, and Williams counties
To learn more about specific guidelines in your area, visit the online ComCheck compliance tool.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in North Dakota
The peace garden state is famous for its rolling plains and wide open skies. It’s also known for its soaring heat in summer and biting cold in winter. Structures in North Dakota have to be tough to withstand the unrelenting weather in this vast state. So, what’s up to the challenge? Metal buildings. Metal buildings are a durable, cost-effective solution to all of North Dakota’s harsh demands. Our superior erected metal buildings are:
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
- Fire, snow, and ice resistant
- Naturally well insulated
- Durable and long-lasting
Common Types of Metal Buildings in North Dakota
The uses of metal buildings are varied and plenty. Metal buildings are put to good use across North Dakota and can be found in cities like Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Minot, West Fargo, Williston, Mandan, Dickinson, Jamestown, and more. Uses of prefab metal buildings include:
- Agricultural: Harsh winds, heavy snow, and frost can be deadly. Metal barns, barndominiums, coops, and even riding arenas are a simple way to keep livestock safe from exposure.
- Industrial: In North Dakota, the meatpacking and oil industries make the world go ‘round. Thanks to their durability and easy maintenance, metal buildings make great warehouses, factories, silos, and packing plants.
- Residential: Looking for a way to slash your energy bills? Look no further than a pre-engineered metal building kit. Metal erected buildings offer great installation and are often used for houses, cabins, sheds, garages, mini storage, and trailers.
Heavily-discounted North Dakota Metal Buildings
If you’re looking for a metal building and want to save some cash, factory-second metal buildings are an ideal alternative for the budget-conscious shopper. Our manufacturers provide superior used metal buildings across North Dakota and will fight to give you the best possible price. Inventory varies by supplier. For more information about our used metal building suppliers and what they have in stock, contact us to speak to a representative.