Ohio Metal Buildings
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Ohio
Like any other building material, prefab metal building kits must adhere to state laws upon installation. Failure to comply with Ohio ordinances may result in fees, fines, and even legal action. Protect yourself by researching laws in your county. Currently, the state of Ohio uses 2012 IECC regulations (with amendments). This code divides the state into two distinct zones:
- Zone 4A: includes Adams, Brown, Clermont, Gallia, Hamilton, Lawrence, Pike, Scioto, and Washington counties
- Zone 5A: includes Butler, Cuyahoga, Franklin, Lake, Lorain, Lucas, Montgomery, Stark, and Summit counties
For detailed information about laws in your zone, visit the online COMchecker and fill in the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Ohio
Between bustling cities, Great Lakes, and world-class football, the Buckeye State has something for everyone. With humid summers, chilly winters, and lingering fog, however, Ohio’s climate can be unforgiving. Buildings must withstand a wide range of weather events and landscapes. Luckily, metal buildings are uniquely equipped to tackle all of Ohio’s specific challenges. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Water, snow, and fire-resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Ohio
Metal buildings are some of the most versatile around. Metal buildings are used throughout Ohio, commonly found in cities like Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Parma, Canton, Youngstown, and Lorain. Typical uses for pre-engineered metal buildings in Ohio include:
- Aerospace and Aviation: Thanks to their versatility, metal erected buildings are ideal for large-scale construction projects like hangars and warehouses.
- Agriculture: Pre-engineered metal barns, barndominiums, coops, and stables will protect your livestock from exposure and keep them comfortable in every season.
- Commercial: Metal building kits are a great choice for storefronts, shopping centers, clinics, office buildings, and the like.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: Super-durable metal building kits are perfect for heavy-duty industry use. Prefab metal buildings are often used for factory plants, testing and processing facilities, and on-site offices.
Heavily-Discounted Used Metal Buildings in Ohio
If you’re in the market for a metal building, you don’t have to overshoot your budget on a brand-new model. Used metal buildings are an excellent alternative that provide the benefits of a new building for a fraction of the price. We work with manufacturers across Ohio who will fight to give you the lowest possible price on a factory-second metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by supplier. To be connected to a manufacturer near you, contact us with questions and comments.