Texas Metal Buildings
Texas Metal Building Zoning
Before erecting a metal building in Texas, you will need to research the laws and regulations in your area. All buildings in the state of Texas must comply with 2015 IECC regulations, which divide the state into five distinct climate zones:
- Zone 2A: includes Fort Bend, Harris, and Travis counties
- Zone 2B: includes Edwards, Frio, and Kinney counties
- Zone 3A: Includes Dallas, Lamar, and Tarrant counties
- Zone 3B: includes Baylor, El Paso, and Midland Counties
- Zone 4B: includes Armstrong, Briscoe, and Carson counties
Failure to comply can result in hefty fines.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Texas
In a state as big as Texas, the landscape changes dramatically. From the sunny shores of Galveston to the arid desert of El Paso, Texas is home to some of the most diverse climates in the US. Buildings must be tough to withstand the state’s harsh weather. Metal is one of the most durable building materials on the market, and can easily outlast extreme heat, heavy rain, blowing dust, high humidity. Metal buildings are wallet-friendly, too– they’re inexpensive to build, easy to maintain and save energy thanks to their high-insulation.
Common Metal Building Types in Texas
Metal buildings are used in many cities in Texas, including Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Galveston, El Paso, San Antonio, Arlington, Waco, Corpus Christie, Lubbock, and Abilene. Our superior metal building designs are commonly used for purposes like:
- Agriculture: Livestock needs to be protected from the hot Texas sun. Metal barns and barndominums stay cool in extreme heat, providing livestock a safe place to rest on summer days. Pre-engineered building kits are also ideal for riding arenas and machine storage.
- Commercial: Metal buildings are used by many businesses throughout Texas. Prefab metal buildings are easy to expand and customize, companies due to their customization potential. Metal building kits can are easy to expand and customize, and are often used in office buildings, retail buildings, storage units, and carports.
- Residential: Pre-engineered metal houses and metal roofs are a simple, cost-effective way to cut down on energy costs. Metal building kits offer great insulation, making sure heat stays out and cool stays in.
Factory Second Buildings in Texas
Don’t want to shell out for a brand-new prefab metal building? You don’t have to. Used metal buildings get the job done for a fraction of the price. Our independent manufacturers offer a large inventory of heavily-discounted, factory-second metal buildings to suit every need. We have distributors across the country who can come to you no matter where you are. For more information about inventory and manufacturers, please contact us with any questions.