Utah Metal Buildings
Utah Metal Building Zones & Codes
Before purchasing one of our superior metal buildings, you will need to familiarize yourself with local laws and ordinances. Violating these regulations may result in hefty fines, fees, and even legal action. All buildings in the state of Utah must comply with 2015 IECC codes. Regulations are zone-specific. Utah is divided into 3 zones:
- Zone 3B: includes Washington county
- Zone 5B: includes Davis, Iron, Salt Lake, Sanpete, Tooele, Utah, and Weber counties
- Zone 6B: includes Box Elder, Cache, Carbon, Duchesne, Summit, Uintah, and Wasatch counties
For more information or to find a county that isn’t listed, visit the COMcheck website for up-to-date laws for your area.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Utah
From the stunning formations of Arches National Park to the towering temples of Salt Lake City, the great state of Utah has something for everyone. Utah’s landscape is just as demanding as it is dynamic— buildings must withstand high winds, extreme heat, heavy snowfall, ice, and rain. Metal erected buildings are a durable solution that can withstand any type of weather. Metal buildings offer a number of benefits, including:
- Easy installation
- Low maintenance costs
- Extreme strength and load-bearing potential
- High insulation
- Water and fire resistance
Utah Metal Building Uses
The uses for metal buildings are plentiful and varied. Prefab metal buildings are used throughout Utah, commonly found in Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, West Jordan, Orem, Sandy, Ogden, St. George, Layton, Lehi, and more. The most common uses for metal buildings are:
- Agriculture: Metal barns and Metal barndominums provide top-tier protection against harsh weather.
- Industrial: Utah is a miner’s paradise. Metal warehouses can be installed quickly and easily on-site, keeping heavy-duty equipment safe. Prefab metal buildings are also ideal for mini-storage, tool storage, garages, airplane hangars, and more.
- Commercial: Due to their versatility and potential for personalization, metal building kits are often used to create storefronts, outlet shops, souvenir shops, and offices.
- Residential: Our superior metal buildings offer maximum insulation, keeping you cool in the summer warm on the winter, and cutting down on energy costs. Pre-engineered metal buildings can be used for houses, trailers, cabins, sheds, and tiny homes.
Heavily Discounted Metal Buildings in Utah
If you’re in the market for a metal building, used prefab metal building kits and used metal erected building kits are an excellent option. Our contractors carry a wide range of second-hand metal buildings that can be yours for a fraction of the price. Inventory varies by supplier and is subject to change. To be connected to a manufacturer near you, contact us for more information.