Iowa Metal Buildings
Benefits of Iowa Metal Buildings
The Hawkeye State is famous for its rolling plains, endless blue skies, and down-to-earth charm. With its hot summers, chilly winters, and strong winds, however, the Iowan climate can be unpredictable. Luckily, prefab metal buildings are an appropriate choice for all seasons. Metal buildings are uniquely equipped to meet all of the state’s particular needs. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Fire and water-resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Versatile and customizable
- Strong and long-lasting
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Iowa
Thanks to their durability and versatility, pre-engineered metal buildings are a great choice for a variety of applications. Metal buildings can be found throughout Iowa, especially in cities like Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City, Waterloo, Council Bluffs, Ames, and Dubuque. Metal buildings in Iowa are often used for:
- Agriculture: Metal barns, barndominiums, riding arenas, coops, and stables will keep your animals safe no matter the season.
- Energy: As a leader in the renewable energy movement, Iowa’s construction demands can be hard to keep up with. Prefab metal buildings are perfect for temporary offices, remote headquarters, and worker housing.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: No matter the heavy-duty task, our superior metal buildings are up for the job. Prefab metal buildings make great warehouses, factory plants, testing facilities, hangars, and more.
- Residential: Pre-engineered metal erected buildings are ideal for houses, cabins, trailers, sheds, and mini-storage.
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Iowa
Like any other building material, metal building kits are subject to laws and regulations upon installation. Failure to comply with local ordinances may result in fines, fees, or even legal action. Protect yourself by researching your county’s requirements before you buy. Currently, Iowa adheres to 2012 IECC standards. This code divides the state into two distinct zones:
- Zone 5A: includes Clinton, Dallas, Dubuque, Johnson, Linn, Polk, Pottawattamie, Scott, Story, and Woodbury counties
- Zone 6A: includes Allamakee, Black Hawk, Buena Vista, Cerro Gordo, Clay, Clayton, and Sioux counties
For detailed information about regulations in your county, visit the online COMchecker and type in the details of your project.
Heavily-Discounted Used Metal Buildings in Iowa
If you want to buy a prefab metal building in Iowa, you don’t have to shell out for an expensive brand-new model. Used metal buildings are a budget-friendly option that provides all the benefits for a fraction of the price. We work with manufacturers across the country who will work to give you the lowest possible price on a factory-second metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by supplier. To be connected to a supplier near you, contact us with any comments or questions.