Maine Metal Buildings
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Maine
After construction, metal erected buildings must meet state-specific laws. Failure to comply with local laws and ordinances may result in fees, fines, and, in some cases, legal action. Protect yourself by researching Maine’s laws before you purchase a metal building. Currently, Maine adheres to the ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2007. Maine is divided into two distinct zones:
- Zone 6A: includes Cumberland, York, Penobscot, Kennebec, Aroostook, Oxford, Hancock, Somerset, Knox, Waldo, Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Washington, Franklin, and Picataquis counties
- Zone 7: includes Androscoggin county
For more detailed information about regulations in your county, visit the online COMchecker and type in the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Maine
Between rocky shorelines, dense forests, and trickling rivers, the Pine Tree State is one of a kind. Despite its natural splendor, Maine’s humid summers and cold, snowy winters can be unbearable. Buildings must be able to handle a variety of temperatures, weather events, and landscapes. Luckily, metal buildings are uniquely equipped to meet Maine’s specific needs. Our superior prefab metal buildings are:
- Water, snow, and fire-resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Strong and durable
- Versatile and customizable
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Types of Metal Buildings in Maine
Thanks to their versatility, metal building kits are an increasingly popular choice. Pre-engineered metal buildings are used throughout the state, especially in cities like Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford, Sanford, Brunswick, Augusta, and Scarborough. Applications for prefab metal buildings are plentiful and varied. Typical uses for metal buildings include:
- Commercial: Highly-customizable metal erected buildings can be used as shopping centers, storefronts, outlets, offices, restaurants, and more.
- Healthcare: Many clinics, medical offices, hospitals, and surgery centers are made from prefab metal building kits.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: Our durable metal buildings are ideal for heavy-duty applications like factory plants, testing and processing facilities, warehouses, hangars, and on-site offices.
- Recreational: Pre-engineered metal building kits make excellent gymnasiums, aquatic centers, indoor sports arenas, hunting cabins, and event centers.
Heavily-Discounted Used Metal Buildings in Maine
If you’re in the market for a prefab metal building, you don’t have to shell out for a brand-new model. Factory-second metal buildings are a budget-friendly alternative that provides all the same benefits for a fraction of the price. We work with manufacturers all over the country who will fight to give you the lowest possible price on a pre-engineered metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by supplier. Contact us to be connected with a manufacturer near you or to learn more about second-hand metal buildings.