Michigan Metal Buildings
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Metal Building in Michigan
Prefab metal buildings in Michigan must meet certain state-specific regulations upon installation. Failure to comply with local laws may result in fines, fees, and, in some severe cases, legal action. Research ordinances in your county before you buy. Currently, Michigan adheres to the ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2001 with amendments. The state is divided into three distinct zones:
- Zone 5A: includes Genesee, Ingham, Kalamazoo, Kent, Macomb, Oakland, Ottawa, Washtenaw, and Wayne counties
- Zone 6A: includes Alpena, Clare, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Mecosta, and Wexford counties,
- Zone 7A: includes Baraga, Chippewa, Houghton, Iron, Luce, Mackinac, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft counties
For detailed information about requirements in your county, visit the online COMchecker and fill in the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Michigan
Home to endless lakes, lush forests, Motown, and up-and-coming cities, the Wolverine State is a lot to offer. The landscape can be just as grueling as it is pretty, however— heavy snowfall, subzero temperatures, and muggy humidity are hard for buildings to handle. Luckily, prefab metal buildings uniquely equipped to handle all of Michigan’s challenging demands. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Water, snow, and ice-resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
Common Uses of Metal Buildings in Michigan
Thanks to their durability and potential for customization, prefab metal buildings kits are some of the most popular building materials available. Metal erected buildings are used across the state, most notably in cities like Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Flint, Dearborn, Livonia, and Westland. Metal buildings in Michigan are typically used for:
- Agriculture: Metal barns, barndominiums, stables, and coops will protect livestock from snow, ice, and sub-zero temperatures.
- Aerospace and Aviation: Pre-engineered metal buildings are ideal for large-scale construction projects like hangars, warehouses, and military bases.
- Commercial: Prefab metal building kits are often used to create offices, shopping centers, storefronts, and outlets.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: automotive manufacturing facilities, factory plants, testing and processing plants, and warehouses.
Heavily-Discounted Used Metal Buildings in Michigan
Metal buildings don’t have to be expensive. If you don’t want to shell out for a brand-new model, factory-second metal buildings offer all of the benefits for a fraction of the cost. We work with suppliers across the country who are determined to give you the lowest possible price on a used metal building or metal building kit. Inventory varies by supplier. Contact us with questions, comments, or to be connected to a supplier near you.