Minnesota Metal Buildings
Things to Consider Before Buying a Metal Building in Minnesota
As with any other building, metal buildings must adhere to certain requirements upon installation. Failure to comply may result in fees, fines, and, in some cases, legal action. Spend time researching your location-specific laws before you buy. Currently, buildings in Minnesota must adhere to 2012 IECC Regulations. This code divides Minnesota into two distinct zones:
- Zone 6A: includes Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Olmstead, Ramsey, Stearns, and Washington counties
- Zone 7A: includes Beltrami, Clay, Crow Wing, Itasca, Otter Tail, and St. Louis counties
For more detailed information on local ordinances, visit the online COMchecker and fill out the details of your project.
Benefits of Metal Buildings in Minnesota
Between glistening waters, dense forests, and bustling cities, the land of 10,000 lakes is a place unlike any other. Minnesota can be just as harsh as it is beautiful— as one of the nation’s coldest and snowiest states, buildings have to outlast heavyweight and sub-zero temperatures. Metal buildings are an ideal choice for this unforgiving climate. Our superior metal buildings are:
- Heavy-load bearing
- Water and fire resistant
- Naturally insulated
- Easy to erect
- Inexpensive to maintain
- Versatile and customizable
Common Uses for Metal Buildings in Minnesota
Metal buildings can be found throughout the state, in cities like Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Woodbury, St. Cloud, and more. Metal buildings are ideal for applications like:
- Agriculture: Buildings have to be tough to keep livestock safe from the elements. Protect your livestock and crops with metal barns, barndominiums, stables, riding arenas, and more.
- Commercial: Thanks to the state’s booming medical and tech industries, Minnesota has become a hot spot for new real estate. Pre-engineered metal buildings are ideal for offices, warehouses, testing facilities, medical offices, and even clinics.
- Recreational: Prefab metal buildings make excellent fitness centers, skating rinks, climbing gyms, indoor sports arenas, and banquet halls.
Residential: Prefab metal building kits have high insulation potential and can keep you warm through the long winters. Metal buildings are great for houses, cabins, trailers, garages, sheds, and mini-storage.
Heavily Discounted Used Metal Buildings in Minnesota
If you’re looking for an erected metal building or a metal building kit, you don’t have to shell out for a brand new model. With a factory second metal building, you’ll get all the benefits of a new one for a fraction of the price. We work with manufacturers across the state of Minnesota who will fight to give you the lowest possible price on a metal building. Inventory caries by supplier. For more information about used metal buildings, contact us to be connected to a supplier near you.