South Dakota Metal Buildings
South Dakota Metal Building Buying Tips
Before you buy an erected metal building, you will need to research building codes in your jurisdiction. Violating these laws can result in expensive fines, fees, and even legal action. South Dakota does not have state-wide legislation. Many counties, however, rely on International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) guidelines. IECC regulations divide South Dakota into two distinct zones:
- Zone 5A: includes Charles Mix, Clay, Hutchinson, Todd, Union, and Yankton counties
- Zone 6A: includes Brown, Brookings, Lincoln, Minnehaha, and Pennington counties
For information about regional and IECC guidelines in your area, visit COMcheck for location-specific data.
Superior South Dakota Metal Buildings
Don’t let its small population fool you: South Dakota is one of the hottest tourist destinations in the country. This northern state is home to some of the nation’s most beautiful landmarks, from the one-of-a-kind Mount Rushmore, breathtaking Wind Cave, and seemingly endless Badlands National Park.
South Dakota can be just as harsh as it is gorgeous– high winds, bitter cold, heavy snow and ice, and summer dust storms are common throughout the year. Buildings in South Dakota must be tough in order to outlast the state’s fluctuating weather. Metal buildings are ideal for a variety of climate concerns unique to the northwest. Our superior prefab metal buildings are:
- Snow and ice resistant
- Inexpensive to install
- Energy efficient
- Highly insulated
Common Uses for Metal Buildings in South Dakota
Our suppliers have provided superior metal building designs throughout the state of South Dakota. Prefab metal buildings can be found in major cities and small towns alike, including Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Pierre, Custer, Spearfish, Sturgis, Canton, Keystone, Vermillion, Aberdeen, Brookings, and more. Not sure if a pre-engineered metal building kit is right for you? Metal building kits are ideal for a variety of uses, including:
- Agriculture: Barndominiums and metal stables protect livestock from excessive heat and sub-zero cold.
- Industrial: Metal warehouses, sheds, and hangars can be erected quickly and easily, keeping expensive machinery safe from exposure.
- Retail: Prefab metal building kits are customizable, making them a great choice for storefronts, shopping centers, and outlets.
- Religious: Pre-engineered metal buildings have become increasingly popular for religious use in recent years. Metal erected buildings can be used to build churches, chapels, and gathering halls.
- Residential: Metal building kits offer unparalleled strength when building homes, cabins, roofs, garages, trailers, mini storage, and more.
Used Metal Buildings in South Dakota
If you’re in the market for a metal building, you don’t have to shell out for a brand-new prefab building kit. Factory second metal building kits are an inexpensive alternative. We have manufacturers across South Dakota who will compete for your business, offering many kinds of heavily-discounted used metal buildings (inventory varies by the supplier). Contact us for more information about inventory near you.